You might have seen them riding on the back of a broom, or hanging on the wall lost amongst other Halloween decorations. This time of year, black cats are always present but never prominent. Well, I’ve decided it’s time to give our furry friends some more love and throw a Purrrfectly Scary Halloween party.
As candy and Halloween go together like witches and cats, and Kit Kat candies (get it?) are my favorite, they are my treat-spiration for this purrfect party.
Dessert – Kitty Kat Jack-O-Lantern Cake:
What you need:
- Kit Kat White Minis Snack Size Chocolate cake recipe (can also use brownies)
- Dark chocolate frosting
- Twizzlers Rainbow Fruit Twists – Green
- Jolly Rancher Gummies Snack Size – Green
- Jack-o-lantern cake pan
How to Make:
- Prepare chocolate cake using your favorite recipe or box mix
- Pour ¾ batter into jack-o-lantern cake pan, bake according to instructions (approx. 20 min.)
- Bake ¼ batter separately in a small rectangular pan (for ears)
- Let cake cool
- Meanwhile, cut Kit Kat White Minis Snack Size diagonally in half (for teeth)
- Cut a Kit Kat White Minis Snack Size diagonally to make whiskers
7. Once cake cools, cut the small rectangular cake into triangles to make cat ears, frost with dark chocolate frosting, add ½ of Kit Kat White Minis Snack Size to each ear
8. Take cake and flip onto a round cake sheet so that you can see the jack-o-lantern shape; frost with dark chocolate frosting
- Add “teeth” to the mouth, two on top and two on the bottom
10. Add three Kit Kat White Minis Snack Size into nose cavity and add whiskers
- To make the eyes, bend green Twizzlers Rainbow Fruit Twists into circles and place one in each eye socket. Add a Jolly Rancher Gummies Snack Size into the center of the socket
This is one cat you want to cross paths with!!
Decorating with a cat theme is a lot of fun, but you don’t want to overdo it. Make sure to have some witches, cauldrons and brooms on hand as well, but this time, the cat is the star! The cauldrons even work as decorations and serving bowls for chips and candy.
To take it up a notch, add a cat mask making station and a fun photo booth with different Halloween props.
A cat costume is the best costume for any age. Even those who don’t love dressing up, or don’t want to spend a ton of money on a costume, love a cat costume! You can make it as simple or as elaborate as you’d like. My favorite DIY is some cat ears and a drawn on nose and some whiskers with black eyeliner. You can’t go wrong!
To find some “treat-spiration” of your own, enter my Hershey Halloween giveaway for a chance to win a Pumpkin Party Assortment filled with all your favorite Halloween treats. Visit the giveaway page or my Facebook page for more details!
Hershey Halloween products are available in stores nationwide. For more inspiration on Halloween recipes and crafts, visit Hersheylands.com and Pinterest.
*This post is sponsored by The Hershey Company. Although this post is sponsored, all the content and ideas are my own. Visit Hersheylands.com for more information.