It’s National Chocolate Cake Day! Try this amazing warm chocolate melting cake from Carnival Cruise Lines! Yum!
What you need:
6 oz. dark chocolate
6 oz. (or 12 Tbsps.) butter
4 eggs, at room temperature
6 oz. (or 1 scant cup) sugar
2 oz. (or a scant ½ cup) flour
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Assorted berries and fruit, for garnish
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 390–400 degrees F (or about 200 degrees C).
2. Over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Once melted, set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the eggs and sugar and whisk for few minutes. Add the flour, and continue mixing until well incorporated.
4. Allow the melted chocolate to cool slightly. Once it’s warm, and no longer too hot, add the egg mix to the melted chocolate, and mix.
5. Pour the cake mix in a greased mold, then transfer to the oven and bake for 14 minutes.
6. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Top cake with powdered sugar, and serve with ice cream and fruit garnish.