Growing up, I was like every kid; Halloween was all about the candy!-This Halloween, I’ve decided to throw a candy-inspired party! When I found out that The Hershey Company came out with Reese’s White Peanut Butter Ghosts Snack Size, “treat-spiration” struck! Today, I’m using the Reese’s ghosts as “treat-spiration” for a spooky dessert, themed décor and even group costumes!
Dessert – Haunted Forest:
What You’ll Need:
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies recipe
- Reese’s Pieces Candies
- Reese’s White Peanut Butter Ghosts Snack Size Halloween Sprinkles
- Reese’s Spread, Hershey’s Chocolate Spread or chocolate frosting
- Black icing
- Large round cookie sheet
How to Make:
- Bake Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies according to the instructions on a round baking sheet to make one giant cookie
- Wait until cookie cools
- Meanwhile, make ghosts and trees using the Reese’s White Peanut Butter Ghosts Snack Size and Twizzlers Chocolate Twists; to make the ghosts, use a dab of black icing for the eyes; you can also make a mouth if you’d like
- To make trees, cut a Twizzlers Chocolate Twist into two pieces, then cut each half lengthwise; attach together to make it look like a tree with branches
- Once the cookie has cooled, spread chocolate spread onto the majority of the cookie, leaving a perimeter around the cookie similar to a pizza crust
- Sprinkle on some Halloween themed sprinkles; any Halloween colors will do. I’m using black and orange, and little bat sprinkles
- Add ghosts and trees throughout the forest
For the décor, use modern Halloween decorations. Chevron prints, LED candles, spider webs, etc. Best of all, Halloween and the Reese’s brand are both all about orange!
The cutest costume idea is a family costume and each person is a different candy bar. One person can be a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, one person a Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar, etc. If it is just you and your significant other, you can be chocolate and peanut butter. The best part is you can make this yourself with some felt, colored paper and cardboard! DIY instructions here!
Which candy bar would you be?
To find some “treat-spiration” of your own, enter my Hershey Halloween giveaway for a chance to win a Pumpkin Party Assortment filled with all your favorite Halloween treats. Visit the giveaway page or my Facebook page for more details!
Hershey Halloween products are available in stores nationwide. For more inspiration on Halloween recipes and crafts, visit Hersheylands.com and Pinterest.
*This post is sponsored by The Hershey Company. Although this post is sponsored, all the content and ideas are my own. Visit Hersheylands.com for more information.